All your dental needs can be met under one roof.
Checkups and Dental Exams – The Key Too Great Oral Health Is Prevention
Let’s face it, visiting the dentist is not something people actually get excited about! If we want to prevent dental emergencies and problems, and maintain good oral health, however, it is important that we do it anyway.
You should think seriously about giving us a call to set a dental appointment, If in the past six months, you haven’t had a good cleaning and oral exam.
We Offer Comprehensive Dental Exams
Prevention is what our comprehensive exams are all about. Preventing unnecessary dental expenses and emergencies is what detecting problems early is all about. Keeping your overall wellness in check is a by-product of what recent studies have shown concerning keeping your oral health in good shape.
A proactive approach to good oral health maintenance is to keep a regular dental visit schedule. In order to get the proper dental care that you need, and help you have a very relaxed dental visit, we offer sedation dentistry to anyone who might have unnecessary anxiety about it.
During your first visit with us, what can you expect?
When it comes to going to the dentist for any treatment type, we realize that most people experience anxiety and fear. Stories we have heard from friends and family members, or even our own bad experiences from the past, are where this fear originates.
Modern dentistry is virtually painless, due to the progress that has been made over the years. Our ability to provide you with the most comfortable dental experience possible, is what our new sedation and technology options help us accomplish.
Getting rid of, or preventing dental anxiety and pain is our goal!
You can expect to receive a comprehensive, executive examination about one hour in length, when you visit our office.
Below are some of the things we will be doing:
- Check for dental issues that could be harmful
- When applicable, take 3-D images of your mouth
- Take extra-oral and intra-oral photos of your mouth
- Look over and evaluate your existing and previous dental work
- Check for indications of decay or cavities
- Check for any disease of the gum
- Do an oral screening for cancer
- Do digital x-rays
- Get a vital-signs and blood pressure reading
- Do a visual exam
What is the reason for this type of exam?
You need this type of evaluation and exam of your oral health for these four main reasons:
- It will help prevent your children from having painful and costly dental problems down the road, and teach them oral hygiene habits that are beneficial, which they will hopefully take with them as they age.
- It helps to maintain overall better health.
- They help to avoid unnecessary time and expense, pain and emergencies.
- A necessary step for the maintenance of a healthy mouth is the early detection these exams afford.
The Doctor’s Consultation
You should also plan some time for a consultation with the doctor, when you come in for your exam. He will happily answer any questions you might have, and listen to your concerns, as well.
Since we desire to deliver amazing results for you, and will work toward that end, we will gather information during your exam that will aid us in compiling the best plan that is possible for your healthiest smile.
Now what to you do?
First of all, give us a call today if its been awhile since you have been to a dentist. In order to start you on the way to a confident smile and better oral health, we will certainly be glad to help by setting up an exam and cleaning appointment.