Top 5 Misconceptions About Dental Implants
Find out the truth.
DENTAL IMPLANTS – The Top Five Misconceptions About Them
When it comes to the misconceptions concerning dental implants, that I have heard from my patients over the years, these listed below are the top five:
- I Don’t Think I’m A Good Candidate – Whatever might take implants out of their own particular picture, whether it is their oral situation, health or age, there is always something that leads them to believe they are not candidates. However, in reality, just about everyone can get Dental Implants, if they can benefit from them at all.
- They Will Probably Be Too Expensive – Since most people don’t realize all that there are many affordable options now available, making implants a solution for practically anyone’s budget, they think it will the too costly and expensive.
- The Process Will Take Too Long – Nothing could be further from the truth! Even though many think that it would be a LONG, drawn-out process, lasting many weeks, or even months, without a mouth that is fully functional, we can have you with a brand-new smile and out the door in the very same day, in most cases.
- It Probably Won’t Work For Me – They’ve endured dentures for so long, not going back to the dentist to check on any new available options, that they really don’t know whether or not implants would be good for them. As you will see, dental implants will work to improve the appearance of just about anyone, and also their overall sense of well-being and health.
- Even Considering Them Is Too Scary – Since they had a bad experience they’ve never forgotten when they were younger, of having dental work with little or no an anesthesia, many people are simply too afraid. Modern dentistry is concerned with making your implant experience as pain-free as possible, from start to finish, with comfort and relaxation. There is absolutely nothing to fear, you can rest assured.