Wisdom Teeth Removal
Wisdom teeth can really be a problem. We can remove them and make you comfortable while we do it.
Wisdom Teeth and Their Associated Complications
Located in the upper and lower jaw in the back of your mouth, are what are usually referred to as third molars by dentists, and are commonly called wisdom teeth. When it comes to those “wisdom teeth”, most patients do not have room for them!
The wisdom tooth sometimes tries to create space for itself, and then often becomes enclosed within the soft tissue or the bone, because our jaws do not the have the necessary space required to contain them. Regardless of whether one is an adult, or still young, this “space-creating” process can have repercussions that are both negative and eventually evident.
These wisdom teeth seldom come in straight, and therefore cause a wide range of dental problems for patients, which are as follows:
- Due to the formulation of bacteria, they lead to cysts and infection within the jawbone.
- Due to the narrow space available at the back of the mouth, they create cavities for the teeth that are directly in front of them.
- Due to insufficient space for the wisdom teeth, the other teeth are crowded together in the mouth.
- Our doctors may recommend removing these molars at a young age, allowing fewer chances for the creation and development of problems for the tooth, therefore preventing these negative consequences. Moreover, this allows the dentist to extract the wisdom teeth prior to the full development of the root, by doing it while the patient young. This makes the recovery faster because the extraction is easier!
- This allows for the entire extraction procedure to be performed in our offices, and only requires about one hour of time.
- You are are allowed to sleep during this entire procedure, as we offer IV sedation by our trained anesthesiologist.
This gentle extraction process will prevent the other dental issues that can be caused by removing wisdom teeth, and alleviate your discomfort. Be sure and call us right away if you would like them to be extracted before problems can develop, or if you are already experiencing wisdom tooth pain.
Ever Wondered Why They Are Called Wisdom Teeth?
Will you be smarter in any way by retaining your wisdom teeth, rather than having them extracted? On the contrary, it is smarter to have a dentist extract them prior to any dental problems being created, since their is not enough space to accommodate wisdom teeth for most patients.
Your visit to our office will be extremely comfortable because of our highly qualified team of professionals, making you decision to have your wisdom teeth extracted even smarter yet. Schedule your wisdom teeth extraction appointment today by calling our office.